Hunter Node is a battery operated controller. It is perfect for those who are looking to have an automated irrigation system on their property where access to power is not optional. It is powered by two 9 volt batteries with a Solar Panel Kit option. It mounts directly to the valves solenoid and has a solid waterproof exterior. It features an easy to program LCD screen.
Single or Double 9V Battery Life with Constant Readout
When it comes to battery-powered controllers, there are generally two common issues that inevitably arise. The first is that one 9V battery may not last through a season. The second is that it is difficult to know how much battery life a unit has left without laborious tracking. The Node solves both of these problems with two smart innovations: The option to add a second 9V battery for extended power, and a battery life-status indicator on the LCD display. With battery life guaranteed to last through an entire season and a constant power-level readout, the need for in-season replacement becomes eliminated, and allows operators to install a new battery only when it is absolutely necessary. For maintenance-free operation year-round, the optional Solar Panel can be added to Node quickly and easily
Features & Benefits
- Standard Hunter controller programming As easy to program as any other Hunter controller. 3 programs (A, B, C) and up to 4 start times each
- Control up to six zones Models available in 1, 2, 4, and 6 station operation
- Waterproof and fully submersible to 12′ No moisture intrusion, even in flooded valve box environments
- Long battery life Operates on one or two 9 volt batteries to ensure long operation
- Rain Sensor compatible Ensure irrigation does not occur during rain events by connecting a Rain sensor
- Master Valve compatible Ability to operate a master valve (only available with 2, 4, or 6 station models)
- Compatible with Hunter Solar Panel Maintenance free operation and no need to change or check battery condition
- Seasonal Adjustment (10-150%) allows for quick changes to all run times through a percentage scale
Rain Bird ESP-SMTe Series
The Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller is the first controller from any manufacturer to be given the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) WaterSense label. So what does this mean for you? This means the Rainbird ESP-SMTe series controller is at least 20% more efficient than the other similar products on the market! It helps you reduce water usage which will save you money!
How Does It Work?
The Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller only waters your lawn when needed. It also gives your landscape the exact amount of water it needs. This means you do not have to worry about over watering!
- The Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller saves on-site rainfall data. It then recalculates the run times for each zone in your irrigation system.
- The internal memory of the Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller is equipped with more than 8 years of historical weather data. Combine this with the on-site rainfall data and daily watering times are easily calculated and adjusted automatically.
- The Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller also reduces water run-off with its Cycle and Soak feature. The controller calculates soil conditions into run times. This will keep your system from watering more than your soil can absorb.
Read more about the features of the Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller here.
The Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller is perfect for small or large sites. It can be expanded to run up to 22 zones!
How Love Irrigation Can Help
Love Irrigation is proud to be a Rain Bird Select Contractor and a partner with the EPA’s WaterSense program! We offer our customers the Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller. We can even convert your existing ESP controller (manufactured after April 2005) into an ESP-SMTe controller. We want to help you be more water efficient and save money! Call us at 601.898.1333 or submit a request to find out more information on the Rain Bird ESP-SMTe series controller!
How can I clear all the programming and reset my Rain Bird ESP-Me sprinkler timer back to the factory default settings?
If you are unsure about the programming settings or are experiencing erratic behavior that might have been caused by lightning or a power surge, you may want to clear all the programming and reset the Rain Bird ESP-ME sprinkler timer back to the factory default settings. The following steps will show you how.
Warning: before attempting this, remember that all of your program settings will be completely cleared. The current date and time will not be affected.
Turn the dial to Seasonal Adjust.
Press and hold the left and right arrow buttons at the same time for at least 3 seconds.
Until you see the word “CLEARED” on the screen.
Turn the dial back to AUTO RUN
Your ESP-Me is now restored to the factory default settings. Program A now has a single start time of 8:00 am, with run times of 10 minutes each on stations 1, 2, 3, and 4. It is also set to water every day of the week.
Return to Rain Bird ESP-Me Series Sprinkler Timer page
Why does my Rain Bird ESP-Me sprinkler timer run through all my stations, stop and then start watering all over again?
A common reason why a program is repeating is because you have a second start time set. The start times control the exact time your ESP-Me timer will begin to water and they also control how many times a day your timer will water. The ESP-Me allows you to set up to 6 start times per program.
To correct this please follow the steps below:
If your sprinklers are running now, then first turn the dial to the off position. The timer should turn off the water now, if it doesn’t you may have a problem with one or all of your sprinkler valves. Please call Love Irrigation at (601) 898-1333 to schedule a service call.
If the water shut off successfully, then you can easily correct the programming by following the steps below:
Turn the dial to “Set Watering Start Times”.
You will see the 1st start time for Program A. Press the right or the left arrows to toggle between start times and find one of the other start times to turn off.
Press the + or – buttons to change the time setting. To turn the start time to “OFF” you will find it between “11:45pm and 12:00am”.
Leave the time on off.
Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5, check all 6 start times and turn off all of unnecessary start times.
Turn the dial back to “Auto Run”.
Return to Rain Bird ESP-Me Series Sprinkler Timer page