Professional LED Outdoor Lighting will make your property the envy of the neighborhood.
To demonstrate, here is what Professional LED Outdoor Lighting can do for you:
- BEAUTIFICATION. Focal points during the day now stand out and become more visible. Textures not seen in daylight now have eye-catching detail. Accenting architectural features of the home brings the home and landscape together to create a resort-like feel.
- USABILITY. Landscape lighting enjoyably extends the time spent outdoors. For instance, patios, pools and children’s play areas become entertainment venues, or just relaxing places to unwind.
- SAFE PASSAGE. Properly placed landscape lighting avoids hazards such as steps, low-hanging or thorny vegetation, abrupt elevation changes or toys in a walkway. Even though property owners know their way around, guests may not.
- SECURITY. It is a proven fact that a well-lit landscape will deter potential intruders by eliminating dark areas and shadows that would conceal movement around the property. Landscape lighting also allows the homeowner and neighbors to see and identify potential intruders.
- VALUE. From a personally pleasing perspective, landscape lighting not only brings the property to life, it brings life to the property. From a practical perspective, professionally installed landscape lighting provides an excellent return on investment, because it creates a marvelous first impression when viewed by family and friends or possible prospective buyers.
You can save up to 80 percent of your typical energy costs over standard halogen lighting when you use LED lights in your outdoor lighting.
Your Home. Your Lifestyle. Let Love Illuminate Both.
Contact us for a consultation on your new professional LED outdoor lighting installation, send us an email, or phone our office at (601) 898-1333.
Springtime Sprinkler Tune-Up
As the temperatures warm and the lawn and garden begins to thaw, there is no better time than springtime to make sure your automatic sprinkler system is ready for another season of efficient lawn and garden watering. Just a few simple steps will go a long way towards saving water, money and help prevent a mid-summer landscape catastrophe at home.
When our technicians come out to start up your system they will do the following:
Run a check of the irrigation controls and programs. This includes dusting away the cobwebs on the timer, making sure the date and time is correct, and that the settings are appropriate for your landscape’s watering needs.
Inspect the sprinkler heads. This includes looking for signs of debris that may be blocking the flow of water. Checking and adjusting spray patterns making sure all the important areas are getting full coverage. Also, we don’t want to be watering the driveway or house.
Rain Bird nozzles and spray heads are designed to withstand normal wear and tear, but are no match to errant lawn mowers, landscape work and chewing animals (etc). Our technicians will replace any broken heads, nozzles, valves, or pipes. Please keep in mind; sometimes leaks do not show up right away. It is not uncommon to repair a leak and a few days later another leak presents itself. This is due to that area now getting full water pressure.
If you have us come out to tune up your system in February we recommend that you run through the test program on your controller at least once a week. We understand you may not be using your irrigation system very much this time of year. Testing your system will give you a chance to check things over and make sure there are no issues. Remember, service repairs are covered by a 30 day limited warranty (valves and leaks not included). Checking your system once a week will ensure that all repairs are holding and working properly.
Take advantage of our Spring Special! 10 % off Labor and Material expires March 20th, 2017!
Divert Water with a French Drain: When do you need them
You may need a French drain if you have water pooling in your yard after a rain or a soggy yard that never seems to dry. A French drain will help divert water away from your foundation and your yard. Here’s how they work:
Water always flows downhill, and by the easiest route possible. That is the basic concept behind a French drain, a slightly sloped trench filled with washed gravel and a pipe that diverts water away from your house.
French drains provide an easy channel for water to flow through. Water runs into a gravel-filled trench, then into perforated pipe at the bottom of the trench. Essentially, a French drain is used to divert water to another location.
Water travels freely through the pipe, which empties a safe distance from the house.
The trench bottom should be sloped about 1/8 inches for every foot in the direction you want water to flow. Depending on your situation, the water can be diverted to:
- A low-lying area of your property
- A drainage ditch
- A dry creek bed
- The street
Things we do to extend the life of your French drain.
We line the channel/trench with filter cloth. Then the bottom of the filter cloth will be filled with 2-3 inches of washed pea gravel. A 4 inch perforated corrugated pipe with a filter sock on it will be laid in the channel. The rest of the channel will be filled with washed pea gravel and the filter cloth lining the channel will be folded over on top of it and pinned down with sod staples.
Please keep in mind.
In severely heavy rains/storms or flash flooding a French drain will not prevent water from flooding or pooling. Movement of water is limited to the size of the drain. After a period of time it will divert the water but it will not do it instantly. Have to think of it like pulling the plug from a drain with the bathtub completely full. The water takes time to drain.
Keep your French drain clean
Even though we use filter cloth and gravel it is very important to keep the French drain clean. Silt, mud and leaves can clog a drain. This then would require it being dug up and redone.
Automatic Sprinkler Systems
An automatic sprinkler system is a home improvement project worth considering. Not only will it help in maintaining a healthy beautiful landscape, but it is the most convenient and efficient way to ensure your landscape gets the water it needs without over-or under-watering. A properly installed and maintained automatic sprinkler system will help conserve water too.
In fact, a professionally installed automatic sprinkler system is one of the best investments that you can make for your home. Just ask anyone who has one. There is no easier or more cost-effective way to beautify your home. An irrigation system will increase your home value, and save you time and money.
Keep in mind, however, that there is more to a sprinkler system than just sprinklers. System design and installation are critical factors. These factors affect your system’s performance and longevity. By hiring Love Irrigation, a Rain Bird® Select Contractor®, you can be assured that your new irrigation system will be properly designed and installed by top professionals.
Along with ensuring your system is properly designed and installed, Rain Bird manufactures rain shut-off and moisture sensing devices that can help you realize even more water and cost savings over the lifetime of your sprinkler system
So put away your garden hose and let Love Irrigation help you do your watering for you — automatically! You’ll have greener grass, healthier plants, and much more free time to smell the roses instead of watering them.
Why purchase an automatic sprinkler system from Love Irrigation?
- SAVE TIME: Your system will do all the watering for you.
- SAVE WATER: An automatic system uses less water than watering by hand.
- SAVE MONEY: Your water bills will be lower and your plants will live longer.
- REST EASY: The Love Irrigation name is your assurance of quality, value, and performance.